A free pattern from a German cross-stitch site.
I stitched this free pattern from the Snowflower Diaries website for my oldest daughter.
I made it into a cube following instructions from a few online tutorials. This was the second cube finish.
This is a free pattern from the Italian DMC website. The pattern had May in Italian, but I changed that to “Welcome”. This was my first attempt at a cube finish.
A little cross-stitched pillow. The pattern is a free pattern from a French website. I used fabric and trim I already had.
Another quilt design tissue box cover.
I forgot to snap a photo before mailing this tissue box cover to a friend, but here are the 4 sides completed. Initially, I planned to make all 4 sides the rose pattern, but after seeing how glaring some of the pink yarn is, I opted for a different flower pattern on each side.
My late mother gave me this dog-damaged tissue box cover shortly before she died and asked me if I could fix it. I had stitched this for her years before. I put in a box with needlework kits and recently pulled it out.
Two sides had the plastic canvas intact, but I had to replace some damaged yarn. These became mug rugs.
I made another tissue box cover with that design and salvaged the metal concho from the damaged one.
Framed with a $2 Dollar General unfinished craft frame that I stained with my brown scrapbook ink. The other trims are some fabric, buttons, jute and bell I already had. The cross-stitch pattern is a very old Gloria & Pat design
Almost 15 years of working at Walmart, most of it in the fabrics and crafts department, left me with a lot of sewing and craft supplies. Every time items were on clearance, my co-workers would tell me how crafty I am and suggest I could use them. So, I purchased way more than I will ever use.
Now, I’m trying to use craft and sewing items I already have and focusing on thinking up ways to use more of all this “stuff”.
The photo above is the hearth on my fireplace. Last night I put together this basket of flowers using a basket my oldest sister decorated with silk flowers that were painted with some medium to make them look like porcelain. This was some craft thing decades ago. I have several bunches of Walmart clearance flowers, so I used wire cutters and cut them into stems and stuck them into styrofoam.
Since I don’t know much about flower arranging, I just winged it.
Decided to “doctor” up the left side, so I added hearts on the left.
The hearts were made with old velvet Christmas ribbon and the buttons were old clearance sale buttons I had.
A “refinish” of an old Alma Lynne piece from many years ago. I had a paint canvas left from the pack of 2 for the USA piece and decided to redo this piece. Yes I see, I have it positioned too far to the right. More practice needed at finishing for sure *sigh*.
This is 16-count plastic canvas stitched with 6 strands of DMC floss – all continental (tent stitch). Can’t remember where the pattern is from, because I stitched this about 20 years ago and stuck it in a plastic box. Floss tube videos on YouTube are inspiring me to finish my stitching projects and display them, instead of sticking them in a box.
Stitched the Home Sweet Home piece a month or so ago, but just finished it into a wall-hanging. I got the idea of covering a paint canvas with fabric from a floss tube video by Silvia, who goes by the name beckisland on floss tube. She does beautiful, small cross-stitch finishes.
Another little cross-stitch pillow. Still have to work harder on stuffing evenly and using ladder stitch to close the bottom. The pattern is a free pattern from a German site:
Added a yo-yo & button, which would have been easier before assembling it, but hey, it’s on…
Finished this into a little pillow.